Cool Ideas for Hot Summer Days
Who wants to stand over a hot stove or heat up the kitchen with the oven? Here's 5 tips for feeding your family without breaking a sweat.
1. Salads - Dinner Style. Some meat, some cheese, some fruit, and of course the lettuce -- all four food groups on one plate. For cool and refreshing salad meals, check out this website: Salad For Dinner
2. From Side Dish to Main Dish. Turn your favorite cold side dish into a hearty main meal. Add cubed ham and peas or bacon and broccoli to your favorite potato salad. Beef up pasta salad with sliced pepperoni and mushrooms. Add leftover chicken and halved cherry tomatoes to macaroni salad.
3. Potato Bar. Microwave some potatoes and fill the table with your favorite toppings: cheese, cooked broccoli, crumbled bacon, chili, onions -- whatever your family likes. Everyone makes their own custom "loaded" potato.
4. Sandwiches - not just for lunch! Tuna, chicken, and egg salad are all protein powerhouses. Add some cut up fresh veggies and dip and you have a refreshingly cool, yet satisfyingly filling dinner.
5. Crack out the crock pot. Have a hearty and hot meal for supper without heating up the kitchen. Here's our favorite site for crock pot recipes: Crock pot Favorites